Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: External Hard Drive & Mounting Images  (Read 3978 times)

calculus

External Hard Drive & Mounting Images
« on: October 04, 2007, 08:41:02 AM »
Hi, I am having a problem. I have an automotive program that uses 10 dvd's. You only use one at a time. I have converted the discs to ISO's. I would like to mount all 10 images on my external hard drive. I would like to be able to take the hard drive with me to another computer and have this information. Two questions, Do I need to partition the drive first, second, what software should I use? I have tried Daemon,Nero, Alcohol 120 And Poweriso. Everyone of them offers virtual drives. But when you click on them, it always puts them on my c drive not on the external drive. How can I get the images mounted on an external drive?

Spero-T

Re: External Hard Drive & Mounting Images
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 08:48:15 AM »
I am in work now so i cant check, but with deamon tool can you not right click and select what drive you want to mount the image to ?

Deerpark

Egghead
    « Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 11:38:27 AM »
    Lets get something straight here.
    Daemon Tools (or any other virtual drive software for that matter) cant mount a disc image to a hdd drive, period! I.e. it doesn't mount the image to your c: drive, it mounts it to a "fake" CD/DVD drive that is installed by Daemon Tools.

So what you need to do, is move the 10 ISOs you have to the external hard drive along with a copy of Daemon Tools. Then when you hook it up to another computer, install Daemon Tools on the computer and mount the ISOs from the external hdd.
    Job done.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 01:58:34 PM »
    Nicely done Deerpark...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Deerpark

Egghead
      « Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 02:55:41 PM »
      :)
      Thanks patio
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)