Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Asus A7A266 not booting  (Read 2631 times)

Dead_reckon

Asus A7A266 not booting
« on: October 05, 2007, 10:40:25 AM »
i recently attempted to install a amd athlon xp 1700+ on my asus A7A266 motherboard, to do a slight upgrade from the 1500+ (1.33 to 1.47ghz, not much, but, better than overclocking it). now, even with the 1500+ put back in it, i cannot get it to boot at all, it will not even post, neither of the two video cards or monitors which where working in/with it before are working now. there is no onboard video, audio, or ethernet, the video cards i have tried are a geforce MX440 AGP 4x video card, and a MX4000 PCI card, as i said they worked with the board before, and still function on other boards, but do not function with the A7A266 anymore. i cannot get the board to post with either video card, any of the DDR 266 or SDRAM i have (the board supports both DDR and SD). or with either CPU now. CPU seems to warm up just fine, so does the chipset, i unplugged the CPU fan to test this, sure enough, heatsink got warm. i have tried clearing the CMOS, manually setting the jumper block, ect, i've tried ram sticks in every slot even, still nothing, i have tried removing it from the case and testing it on my wooden desk, still no go, tried two power supplies, no go, both power supplies are good, the motherboard has no on board speaker for beep codes, so i connected one, no beeps with no ram, even though when the board did work i could not get it to give me a beep code without RAM with several speakers. of course, the board has the latest BIOS, and no, there are no bent pins on either of the CPU's, they both work, that i am sure of. i have tried everything i can possibly think of, if anyone knows anything else to try, please tell me. thanks in advance. i have come to the conclusion that the board is likely dead, so i dont need to hear that from someone else unless they can say indefinitely from experience with this exact board that it is dead. if you can help, please do, if not, ask others, someone is bound to know.