Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Random Reboots  (Read 2335 times)

Manayan

Random Reboots
« on: October 11, 2007, 05:34:53 PM »
Hello! i have recently started having problems with my computer. it seems that it will randomly reboot. The reboots seem to occur randomly, but when I am running computer intensive processes like games it happens more often. i am not sure if it is a hardware, software, or registry problem. Here are my specs:

Windows Xp Home edition Service Pack 2

Asus P5SD2-X motherboard

512 of ram

Radeon x1650 w/ 512mb

Intel Pentium D 2.80ghz

here is my latest minidump file if it would help solve the problem:

http://www.divshare.com/download/2308651-69e

Any help would greatly be appreciated. If there is anymore information needed I will post it ASAP.

Soviet_Genius

Re: Random Reboots
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 06:37:48 PM »
It might be an overheating problem, clean out the fans and heatsinks with a can of compressed air (DON'T use a vaccum)

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 06:49:09 PM »
I agree. You may also run your computer with open case for a few hours, while gaming, and see if it changes anything.

Manayan

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 07:44:29 PM »
alright i'll give that a try

spiderlucci

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 08:03:58 PM »
You also might want to test your ram www.docmemory.com

you could take out all your ram... then put one stick in there ... then try to restart your computer and see what happens.. .if everything works good... then repeat the process to find the bad ram!

make sure all your connection and cables are connected right inside your PC also.
Note: Check your heatsink and fan that goes to your CPU... it could be going bad!

goodluck!  ;) spider