Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: System Restore and Trojan Horse Infection  (Read 4388 times)

Aegnon

System Restore and Trojan Horse Infection
« on: October 05, 2007, 06:38:34 PM »
Hi, all:  I have just survived a terrible trojan-ace-x infection.  It took 4 different spyware programs and 3 days of work to get rid of it, but it appears to be gone now. I was only using SpySweeper, it would find it, remove it, then it would reinstall itself and I was back to where I started.   This is my question:  as a part of the work of getting rid of it, I turned off System Restore when running in safe mode and ran SpySweeper and AdAware.  (Infection reinstalled itself after that.)  I then ran the multiple spyware programs in standard mode and successfully removed the trojan horse.   Now that the infection appears to be gone, is it safe to turn System Restore back on?  Should I go back into safe mode and re-run all the spyware programs BEFORE turning System Restore back on?  Thanks!  Aegnon

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: System Restore and Trojan Horse Infection
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 07:23:36 PM »
You may go back to safe Mode, and run all safety programs, you have, just to make sure, you are clean.
Then, you restart in normal mode, turn system restore on, and create Restore Point.
You may also post your HJT log here, and someone will take a look.

Aegnon

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 08:42:51 PM »
Broni, Thanks!  I'll do that.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 09:18:43 PM »