Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need program to improve video quality  (Read 3997 times)

Louis

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Need program to improve video quality
    « on: October 06, 2007, 03:20:05 PM »
    I download music clips of youtube on a regular basics. The problem is that most of them are not great quality. I know that when there uploaded there converted to Flash so when i download i encoded them to mpg format using Xilisoft Video Converter. But the program does not have any good features to improve the video quality of them. Which programs would be the best to improve the quality of the music clips? I even use Power Director 6 but it make no difference. Thanks.

Deerpark

Egghead
      Re: Need program to improve video quality
      « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 04:09:38 PM »
      The videos from Youtube and similar sites are compressed so heavily (to save bandwidth of course) that they are full of compression artifacts. (The square blocks in the vids). there really isn't a lot you can do to remove these artifacts.
      The fact that you reencode the videos once more honestly doesn't help either since you're in fact applying yet another compression algorithm (and possibly more compression artifacts.)
      « Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 01:58:27 AM by Deerpark »
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

And 1

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 05:05:29 PM »
        Deerpark is absolutely correct.  Plus youtube resizes your video/picture to 320x240 which is a VERY small resolution, so that is not much for quality.

Deerpark

Egghead
          « Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 03:23:06 AM »
          Good catch And 1... somehow I completely forgot about the low resolution. :)
          Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
          Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

And 1

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 02:35:05 PM »
            If you're looking for better quality videos I recommend http://stage6.divx.com.  They have lots of european music videos that you don't see in the U.S.  All videos are 800x600 or higher.  I've uploaded a video that's 1024x768.

But during the past month I've noticed stage6 now sucks.  I ping good to it (50ms), and once the downloading/buffering finally begins I get my download maxed out at 800kb/s.  But the thing is that it takes minutes sometimes to even start.  So it's like their database of videos is getting enormous.

Here are a few sample vids if you've never heard of stage6: this and http://stage6.divx.com/Diva-Channel/video/1250768/[PV]-Enur-ft--Natasja---Calabria-2007