Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Two Windows XP editions will appear on startup  (Read 3423 times)

action_jackson

Two Windows XP editions will appear on startup
« on: December 06, 2004, 11:24:40 PM »
I tried to clean up my computer by wiping out everything. I did this by using the Win XP discs that came with my computer. Everything looked ok when I was loading the new XP on my computer but now when I turn my computer on a DOS screen pops up and I have two Windows XP editions pop up. I have to press enter on one of the Windows XP. They're both the same exact version. Please tell me how I can fix this. Because now EVERYTHING on the computer is running extremely slow. I don't know if everything is loaded on there twice or what happened. Please help. By the way once I click on the Windows XP that I want to use the computer boots up and everything works fine except it is very slow. Did I mess up when I was loading The Win XP disk on the computer. Thanks for all your help.  

action_jackson

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Two Windows XP editions will appear on startup
    « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 11:34:25 PM »
    action_jackson.....I dont know what you did but you managed to install XP twice.........Why dont you format the hard drive and reinstall XP on a nice clean HD.

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

JUNGLECITY

Re: Two Windows XP editions will appear on startup
    « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 12:41:03 AM »
    I had this problem so I reset my computer completely after backing up my files. The reason your computer is running slowly is because you have got two copies of XP on your computer.  

Thanks,   JUNGLECITY