Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Handling MHT files, saving and viewing with IE/Opera.  (Read 6919 times)

And 1

Topic Starter

Rookie

Handling MHT files, saving and viewing with IE/Opera.
    « on: October 08, 2007, 09:52:50 AM »
    I want to make my own mht files.  I use dreamweaver and have some basic html knowledge.  My problem is that I can make a webpage, but dreamweaver can't save it as a .mht file.  Anyone know if it's possible?

I use opera 9.23 and have a bind I always use to save the webpage I'm viewing as a mht file.  Works wonderfully and I can view 99% of them offline with both IE/Opera.  I use Quick Saver 2.1

Here's one way I've tried making a mht.  Create the html file in dreamweaver, with images and all included in it.  Then I open it up in Opera/IE and it looks fine with my local content.  I try to use Quick Saver 2.1 with opera.  It saves the mht, but I can't view it in Opera.  I can tell it saves all the images too, because the html file is only 30kb, but with all the other files it'll bring the mht file to like 500kb.

I've tried opening the mht in MS Word and resaving it as .mht.  I've tried opening it up in Opera & IE and saving it as MHT the manual way.  No matter what all I get is a blank white page.

It seems saving as MHT is only working for online content/pages.
    « Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 12:24:11 PM by And 1 »

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Handling MHT files, saving and viewing with IE/Opera.
    « Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 10:21:24 AM »
    Try using Internet Explorer or Firefox to convert the page to mht. Any luck there?
    You could also try this html to mht converter on sourceforge.net: http://sourceforge.net/projects/html2mht/
    I haven't tried it, so I don't know how well it works.

And 1

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Handling MHT files, saving and viewing with IE/Opera.
      « Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 12:01:28 PM »
      That's a neat little tool.  Works kinda good.  Still problems.

I use http://my.opera.com/Lex1/blog/show.dml/1215799 that.

It seems saving with IE works, but can only be viewed in IE.  I want to save with Opera (or get a dreamweaver plugin to export to MHT) and view in opera!

EDIT:  I asked Opera forums.  They helped me out.  Incase anyone had the same probs, here's the link.
      « Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 06:38:06 PM by And 1 »