Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard disk data recovery when BIOS or USB interface doesn't recognize it.  (Read 3259 times)

isagram

Hi, I wonder if someone can help me!  My hard disk failed.  I tried to recover my data with an external IDE to USB interface but any PC recognize it.  I put it back into the laptop and checked it with the BIOS SETUP but it did't recognize it too. 

What can I do to recover my data?

Thanks

Flip81

Intermediate

• ben folds
    Re: Hard disk data recovery when BIOS or USB interface doesn't recognize it.
    « Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 02:31:10 PM »
    how many other machines did you try?  Did you try different controllers?  what type of HDD is it?

isagram

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 09:18:04 AM »
    The HDD is a Seagate 60Gb Model ST960822A.  I´ve tried to read it on three laptops and one PC with two differents USB interfaces.

Thanks.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 11:01:20 AM »
    In that case, if your data is extremely important, you may need professional help.
    If you want to take a shot yourself, put your HD in a ziplock bag, and put it into a freezer overnight.
    Next day, it may give you enough time of its life to retrieve your data.

RankenTech

Beginner
    • sexay computer nerd
      « Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 02:18:44 PM »
      The freezer trick has worked for me a couple of times. Just make sure when you go to hook it up the hard drive is still as cold as possible, don't let it sit out.

If not, you're looking at some very pricey data recovery. Just depends if your data is worth several hundreds, or thousands, of dollars.
      A+
      MCP
      CCNA

isagram

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 05:38:31 PM »
      Ok, thanks a lot.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 05:49:31 PM »
      Let us know... 8)