Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: outlook  express 6  (Read 3475 times)

raiderdad10

outlook  express 6
« on: December 07, 2004, 05:35:34 AM »
When I receive a  mesage with a link to another site, The link will not open..   Can anybody help   :'(

Raptor

Re: outlook  express 6
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 06:28:59 AM »
Can anybody help

Not with the information you are providing.

raiderdad10

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 08:13:23 AM »
When I get an E-mail in outlook express that has any kind of click to open link It will not open for me could this be a setting problem ?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 12:32:16 PM »
    raiderdad10
    When I receive a  mesage with a link to another site, The link will not open..   Can anybody help   :'(
    Perhaps but your not giving us much to work with. What o/s are you using ?
    Do you get any error messages from OE ?
    Have you checked to be sure your configuration is correct ?
    What do you have your security settings at ?
    Has your OE ever worked properly ?
    this sort of info helps

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 12:34:54 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

cjkgmgod

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 02:03:34 AM »
    If you are running XP go to your Internet Options and click on programs and make sure that your browser and Outlook Express are the defaults.

If you are not sure, just click on the reset web settings buttons and that might fix the problem. (If IE is your current browser)

More info would be nice too though.  ::)

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 01:08:39 PM »
    do you have any programs like nis....mail washer etc...on your pc...is your outlook express set -up properly...most isp have a readme text or web gifs...to show you how to?you try a repair if you think that its not settings or any other program causing it....control panel/add/remove programs scroll down the list and click ie 6<outlook is part of it/>now click ie6 and hit the remove button...and chose repair ie 6..........
    « Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 01:11:50 PM by merlin_2 »

Bharani

Re: Microsoft Outlook
    « Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 03:22:05 AM »
    Hai I am Bharani

I need a sofware to protect my Outlook from
    "Read Receipts" if any one is spying me by adding a read receipt, when i open that mail the receipt will be gone out from my account for this i need a "Option" or "FireWall" like software to confim me once receipt is going out if its required i can give a receipt or receipt should not be gone out.
    Previously a couple of months ago i got a problem Technical People solved my issues.
    Hope i can expect the same for this issue.
    Whether it can be a "Option" or "Software" for my need.

Waiting for any one's Reply.

- Bharani

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 01:34:35 PM »
      Bharani.......Things for you to consider before ......you assume someone is spying on you......Outlook Express has several nice features built into it .......One is the ability to ask for and send a receipt. I use that feature if I am Emailing a number of people and I need to know that they have received my message and have read it .

Now then if you still feel that this feature was designed and incorporated in Outlook Express to spy on you ........do the following:  Open your Outlook Express "In box" , Up at the top .......click on the "options" button , next select "options" from the drop down menu , when it opens click on the receipts tab........look down and mark......Never send a receipt.....
      click apply and then ok ........
      Your all done .

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.