Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Must Now Click On Owner Logon xp?  (Read 2560 times)

tomshope

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Must Now Click On Owner Logon xp?
    « on: October 09, 2007, 04:33:49 AM »
    Hello Everyone:  I always start my xp home without using a username or password, but all of a sudden now when I start up I get a "Owners" screen and I have to click on that before it loads my information and then starts Windows!!
    Last night before Beddy Byes (LOL) I installed the Microsoft NetFrame Work 1.1 because I need it to run a OCR (optical character recognition) program.
    After that is when this started and I dont know why?
    How can I get it back to just start Windows without any logon or password again? Thanks

jjbtcp

Beginner
      Re: Must Now Click On Owner Logon xp?
      « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 07:25:29 AM »
      This is a commonly occurring problem. It has happened to all my XP computers in the past. Although I haven't been able to fix it. My friend actually asked me yesterday how to fix it (it just happened to him too).

Sorry I can't help, but remember the is "Hope" on "Computer Hope" so be patient and "Hope" someone else will reply.
      Regards,
                       Joshua

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Must Now Click On Owner Logon xp?
      « Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 01:59:32 PM »
      Windows XP - solution 1:

* Select Run from the Start Menu, type control userpasswords2, and click Ok.
          * Turn off the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option, and click Ok.

Windows XP - solution 2:

* If you have one user account and no password configured, Windows XP will log you in automatically. Otherwise, you'll have to do the following:

* Obtain and install the Windows XP version of TweakUI (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx).
          * Open TweakUI (it's in Start -> Programs -> Powertoys for Windows XP).
          * Expand the Logon branch, and click Autologon.
          * Turn on the Log on automatically at system startup option, type your username and password, and click Ok.