Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem playing video files(recurring errors >.>)  (Read 4038 times)

Xeroking

Problem playing video files(recurring errors >.>)
« on: October 06, 2007, 06:21:35 AM »
I keep getting errors whenever I try to play any video in any player I've installed on my computer. Frim BS Player to M player to VLC, they all spout the message:

"X has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

It started off with Windows explorer doing this to me(after browsing through media usually), and now, though it still does, so do all my video files. It's killing me! I'm missing out on all my favorite shows! heh, any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated. Even if its just giving me a media player that works.

I'm running a copy of Windows XP, I have Avast running all the time. I have integrated audio and visual as far as I know. Usually when I get a problem with my computer, I just run Kill disk and reinstall Windows, but now I'm kinda.. I like my computer :'(

Thank you,
Alan "Xero" C

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Problem playing video files(recurring errors >.>)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 03:36:10 PM »
Install HijackThis, and post its log in "Computer Viruses and Spyware" forum.
http://majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

Xeroking

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 09:03:33 PM »
Okies, here I go, reposting in the "Computer Viruses and Spyware" forum along with the HijackThis log.

Thank you!

Spero-T

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 04:53:50 AM »
When did this problem start?

Does it happen in safe mode ?

Xeroking

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 08:18:45 PM »
I can't really remember when exactly the problem started, but it started first with BS player and windows Explorer, both spouting out the "X has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience." message. Since that first time, I started using VLC, which worked fine, and then WHAM, no media Player worked after that...

No, I can't play media in Safe Mode either.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 04:00:31 PM »
Where are these video files from ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Xeroking

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 08:20:06 PM »
no Video File.. well, no AVI files.. I should test out other video types... I don't think MP4 works either, but I'll try that next...