Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Flash HP CUW-AM with Asus CUW-AM BIOS?  (Read 5165 times)

Dead_reckon

Flash HP CUW-AM with Asus CUW-AM BIOS?
« on: October 14, 2007, 05:58:24 PM »
Anyone know if it is possible to flash the HP CUW-AM V2.0 socket 370 motherboard with the Asus CUW-AM/MEW-AM bios? the bios's are both phoenix bios's. My specs are a 700mhz celeron, 384mb of PC133 SDRAM, intel whitney i810 chipset, intel 82810 graphics controller, and a intel i752 integrated video card, onboard audio is disabled because it sucked, i am using my sigmatel creative sound blaster live 5.1 sound card, and, you know the motherboard already, believe it or not, its running windows XP pro SP1 adequately fast, and any of you who know me, know i am picky about speed. i think thats all that matters for the flash. if you need anything else it can surely be found in the report generated by everest ultimate in the archive below.

And yes, i have googled, and found nothing, this board isnt supported by HP or Asus, if it ever even was. oh, by the way, this system is just make due till i can either get my main rig up and going or, get my new Inspiron laptop next month, whichever comes first.

this is an image of an HP of the same model as the one the board i have came out of.

I found the system on the curb a couple years ago, banged up, covered with stickers, and other crap, i messed around with it for abotu half an hour, and, the micro ATX power supply blew, go figure. so, i ripped it out of its HP skin, and stored it for a while, now i have it in an Emachines T1150 case, with a standard ATX 350w antec smart power PSU, 80gb  Seagate barracuda hard drive, 320gb western digital hard drive, samsung 52x cd RW drive, and my dlink dwl 530 wireless card, 'least i think thats the model. ironically, im using an HP mx70 monitor i found on the curb as well. this rig is my final backup computer pretty much, as i said, its adequately fast, except on boot.

EDIT:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelname=MEW-AM&SLanguage=en-us

after digging through asus's site, i found bios's for the MEW-AM board, BUT, i cannot verify if the MEW-AM and CUW-AM board are one in the same. now, i need help verifying this.

[getting space - attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 06:19:15 PM by Dead_Reckon »