Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Using boxes in FrontPage  (Read 2991 times)

ukpuzzle

Using boxes in FrontPage
« on: October 11, 2007, 11:13:39 AM »
This is a case of wanting to avoid problems before I start...

Until now I've always designed pages using tables split into cells, but I want to re-design my website's homepage using separate text boxes and picture boxes that can be moved to any place on the page. I'm not planning on using web components such as radio buttons, banners etc. - just straightforward boxes with text inside them serving as hyperlink.

However, some time ago - on an old website - I added a couple of small, separate text boxes and was told by someone visiting the site that these were "scattered all over the place". Thankfully these weren't on the index page and it was simply a matter of removing them. This time, my aim is to replace my index page with this new version featuring an array of text boxes, and I don't want to do it if I'm going to end up with a mess.

Can someone tell me how "well-behaved" FrontPage is when using boxes?

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Using boxes in FrontPage
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 11:06:05 AM »
Sorry, I don't know anything about Front Page. I found it to be just a clunky program not worth the time or money. I create all my own code for websites. :-\
I guess the only way to see if it will work the way you want it to, is to create the page (or at least a draft) and use a bunch of different browsers to check compatibility.
Check it with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla, Opera, and Netscape. If it works with IE and Firefox, then 90% of the world will be fine with your page.