Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My Mic doesn't pick up sound any more  (Read 4417 times)

Brodus Hortness

My Mic doesn't pick up sound any more
« on: December 11, 2004, 05:29:10 PM »

My mic had always worked great with recording and stuff unitl one day when I decided to plug my guitar and amp into the computer.  The noise was way too loud so I got my friend to make it so that the sound would be less harsh.  It worked really good for my guitar, but when i pluged my normal mic back into the computer, the mic would pick up any sound.  So I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me how I can make my mic pick up normal sounds again.  :-/

MalikTous

Re: My Mic doesn't pick up sound any more
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 10:08:39 PM »
uh... The microphone should plug in to a different jack than the line-out from your guitar and amp. Open the Record mixer (open Volume Control and select Options, Properties, Recording) and check the Select box for your microphone instead of the Line In box.

If you jammed the axe wire in the microphone jack, you'll have to fiddle with the volume setting and Advanced Controls properties to get your microphone settings back to where they're supposed to be.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: My Mic doesn't pick up sound any more
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 09:05:57 AM »
Find the mic in the device manager, right-click on it, and click update drivers. (Make sure that you are connected to the internet before doing this)

[glb]Flame[/glb]