Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Zero power into my Samsung LCD monitor  (Read 2798 times)

phileas

Zero power into my Samsung LCD monitor
« on: October 12, 2007, 03:44:21 AM »
Hi,
I have a Samsung 193P 19" lcd monitor, it's about two years old. It runs in parallel with my Samsung 193T off a dual output videocard.
Both monitors were working fine last night, I powered everything down and unplugged the whole lot when I was done.
Today the 193P doesn't recieve power.  There's only so many ways to check the power connection, and they have all been exhausted, the thing just isn't getting any juice, no lights, no signal nothing.

Is this a common problem, and is replacing the power adaptor/plug, my only chance?

contrex

Re: Zero power into my Samsung LCD monitor
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 06:03:13 AM »
You mean the monitor is dead? You plug it into the AC and when you press the power button nothing happens? Sounds like it has failed and needs repairing or replacement. You seem to be saying it has an external power adaptor, is that correct?

elxr06

Re: Zero power into my Samsung LCD monitor
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 12:50:16 PM »
if you have samsung's warranty left over, ask samsung to fix it!

if you want, maybe you take your monitor to computer store, preferrably one that will check / diagnose / give you quote for free.