Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Canon Pixma MP130 Printer problem  (Read 3695 times)

castawayjimmy

Canon Pixma MP130 Printer problem
« on: October 14, 2007, 04:17:11 AM »
As the subject suggests I have a problem with the Canon MP130 printer. Well not actually the printer itself but the built-in card reader. For a while I have had a long pause during startup, also a "USB mass storage device" lost it's driver. I thought it may be due to crap on the computer so I formatted and reloaded Windows XP, but alas to no avail. I then searched google and found the microsoft article "Long Pause During Windows Startup Process". So I thought can't do much. Then I found in the hardware profile the entry under the failed usb device "USB\04a9" this turned up results in google to some printer components. I tried changing USB ports on the computer but no good. I then disconnected  the USB Printer from the computer, and "voila" the computer started fine and no "USB Mass storage device" error.  I do not use the printers card reader so is there anyway to disable the reader.

contrex

Re: Canon Pixma MP130 Printer problem
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 04:30:06 AM »
It seems that many people are still getting the 'USB Device not Recognized' problem from time to time. Unfortunately there is no easy fix.

Firstly, it's recommended that you make sure every one of your motherboard drivers are completely up-to-date, but you probably already knew that.

In XP, after a USB port isn't used for a long while the USB driver built into the OS sets the OHCI controller to suspend. When you plug a device back in, it can sometimes fail to 'wake up' properly. This problem was supposedly fixed in SP1 but there is a related registry hack that may still be able to help. (Only edit the registry if you know what you are doing!)

Run regedt32.exe and navigate to;

HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Usb

Create the Usb key if it doesn't already exist. Under this key, create a new DWORD value called DisableSelectiveSuspend and give it a value of 1. Then restart the PC.