Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Media Player opens OFF desktop!  (Read 2717 times)

hlewis77

Windows Media Player opens OFF desktop!
« on: December 09, 2004, 10:31:55 AM »
I feel really stupid because this is probably a really easy fix and I'm just not computer literate enough to fix it.   :o

When I start Windows Media Player it opens off of the desktop and I can't see it.   How do I get it back on my desktop so I can use it?  

Please help me!!!  Thanks so much!!!

Joleen

Re: Windows Media Player opens OFF desktop!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 12:20:35 PM »
HUH?

What do you mean it opens off of the desktop?  If you can't see it, is it minimized or in your task bar?

hlewis77

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 12:23:19 PM »
Nope, it's not minimized.  In fact, when I hit minimize, I can see it quickly move from the right side, off the desktop, down to the taskbar and visa versa when I maximize it.  Weird, huh?

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 12:46:30 PM »
    It's off the edge of your screen! Try right clicking its bar on the bottem and clicking move. Then drag your mouse towards the visiable area.

Also, go to display options > settings and increase the resolution. This will extend your desktop's size and you might be able to see it, drag it onto a viewable area. You can then either change back the resolution, or keep the current one if you like it (matter of personal prefference)

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 02:55:23 PM »
    What version of media player is this?