Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A bittersweet moment..  (Read 1827 times)

Dead_reckon

A bittersweet moment..
« on: October 14, 2007, 07:28:39 PM »
Well, theres good news, and bad news on the rebuild of my "new" computer.. Good news is, teh MSI P6N SLI motherboard i ordered isnt dead, and, the CPU is running at 86F. Bad news is.. My old motherboard, Foxconn NF4SLI7AA seems to have taken my nvidia geforce 7600GT KO with it.

To be on the positive sign, theres still plenty of hope for my rig. however, i will need another video card, because, no matter how happy i am about the board finally booting, the nvidia MX4000 64mb PCI video card simply isnt going to cut it. Oh, on a side note, all i get out of the 7600 is a scrambled video feed from both monitors i have tried it on, both work fine with the MX4000, so my guess is that the 7600 got killed with the north bridge of the foxconn board somehow.

Dead_reckon

Re: A bittersweet moment..
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 04:43:45 PM »
Well, so much for being positive, i cannot get my new board to post half of the time, the lil LED indicator that came with the board says that its hanging at booting the CPU, according to the booklet. Oh, and its enabling hyper threading for my pentium D 805 smithfield, hyper threading is a single core CPU emulating a dual core CPU, the pentium D is dual core. I think this is the problem, however i am unsure. Anyone think flashing the bios from v2.1 to v2.3 would help?

EDIT:

forgot to mention, i contacted MSI's technical support earlier, they where no help, but at least they tried to help, and responded quickly, i may continue to buy there products if this RMA goes through well enough, because, at least i know i can rely on them to replace the things they screw up on