Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Posting to a Web Site  (Read 4673 times)

kgo5979

Posting to a Web Site
« on: December 20, 2004, 02:48:07 PM »
Hi there--would like to move a file from My Documents to a web site-----Tried using the copy device-but would not work-even tried sending myself with a email hoping that would work but no luck-----What am i doing wrong??!!!!---thank you kindly to anyone that can walk me through this

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Posting to a Web Site
    « Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 03:17:31 PM »
     kgo5979.......Is this your site ? What is the file format your are trying to post to the site . Do you have access to the root directory of the website ? Are you authorized to post to this site ?

let us know

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 03:18:29 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

kgo5979

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 03:23:01 PM »
    Hey-thanks for the fast reply!!!---This is a file from my documents and i want to send a link of this file to a web sites message board which i am a member of

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 01:09:25 AM »
      kgo5979.......Well to do that ....you first would have to open the website using your web editor. To do this you will require the username and password that is set up on that site. Then  copy your file into the root directory.......Next open the page that you want to place the link in and enter your link and save it .  I do this all the time using Front Page Editor ......

Hope this helps you

dl65 ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.