Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with my Onboard Chipset  (Read 2051 times)

meloxsd

Problem with my Onboard Chipset
« on: October 16, 2007, 10:54:11 PM »
Well, the problem started about 4 months ago.
I was playing some games with my computer untill I heard a weird sound coming from my headphones and then my computer crashed, I called a technician and he told me I had to change my motherboard because it died...
I changed it, I had an ASUS very good and reliable for the time I bought it on 2004, so it's a Socket 478, and now they changed it for a FOXCONN wich it appeared to be broken as well so they putted another FOXCONN motherboard.

The problem is around one the devices the motherboard has. I'd been looking all around the internet and "apparently" the problem seems to be with the sound device, an SiS 7012 Realtek AC'97 Audio Card.
The driver doesn't seems to be compatible with WindowsXP so all the other componenets of my computer kinda like to go crazy. I can't play any games or see any full sized videos on youtube for example because it shows really slow...and my mouse  freezes sometimes around the screen so it even makes working an impossible thing to do. I have to disable my sound device each time I wanna play or see videos but the mouse problem is still there.

I have already asked the technician and he appears to be much more stupid than me to say "everything's fine with your computer" so I'm kinda lost guys.

There's some info about my pc. I hope it's not too little

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Problem with my Onboard Chipset
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 11:06:38 PM »
I can see one HERE.
Item #4

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 11:08:50 PM »
the link that broni gave you sure solve it but incase  you still can try in driverguide.com

meloxsd

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 11:39:15 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll make sure to try out these drivers Broni.
Hope it'll save my day  :)