Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP LaserJet 3800 - unexpected print output  (Read 2216 times)

redeye

Topic Starter

Rookie

HP LaserJet 3800 - unexpected print output
    « on: October 18, 2007, 11:09:21 AM »
    We are using a switchbox and a DOS program to print between a Citizen-190 and a HP LaserJet 3800. When printing to the Citizen out is received and printed like normal. When switching the box to the LaserJet and then printing the data light will flash, then stay solid with a Data Received message on the LCD screen. The printer will sit that way until you press the green check mark button. After pressing the button, it will print only one line of the document with a few extra ascii characters and nothing else.

This is about the time that I arrive on the scene. I just came back from troubleshooting the issue. I switched to the other printer and tried a test print, which worked correctly, then switched back to the LaserJet it printed correctly. I could also print from Word.

I was wondering if there was an easier way to clear the issue and what even causes it in the first place?

(p.s. I know its not the cables, printers, software, or switch box. So I will have to observe the user and post back any updates after lunch.)