Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Nvidia 8800 trouble!  (Read 2405 times)

foosball

Nvidia 8800 trouble!
« on: October 18, 2007, 11:09:07 PM »
     Just built a new machine using an Nvidia 610 motherboard and an 8800 graphics card!  I followed the directions and placed the graphics card in the slot closest to the processor and upon boot up the graphics card will not respond.  I had it in the middle blue slot so I moved it to the top slot and restarted and the computer found the card and it work fine until i rebooted and now it shows failure to start!

foosball

Re: Nvidia 8800 trouble!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 11:15:53 PM »
     Also showing a code 10....Have reloaded drivers 10 times

litespeed14

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 05:14:07 AM »
    Your card may not be properly seated, make sure your card is seated into the PCIe? slot firmly and completely..You may also have a damaged card..process of elimination can help..Also if this board has a two PCIe setup for games/SLI you may check to see if the power supply is 420+ and you may have to plug a mini molex connector in near the PCIe slots..

Let me know a few more details if I'm off track here..what board? what type graphics card-brand GT-GTS? OS system-etc....

Have or do you have a spare computer to try the card in?

Jess607

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 02:21:58 PM »
      Umm.. this is not an SLi motherboard. You only have a single choice when it comes to which slot to insert the graphics card into.

Maybe you should ask for help, if you're not sure what to do when it comes to actually constructing a computer.