Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My Documents Folder Icon Changed Itself?  (Read 3046 times)

Olympic Flame

My Documents Folder Icon Changed Itself?
« on: October 21, 2007, 12:47:29 PM »
Hi,

I' am using Windows XP Professional SP2 and experienced this glitch yesterday when the icon of My Documents changed to this one:

The only place it stayed it's old self is Start panel:

How it happened: I was watching some videos in full screen mode in my Windows Media Player, there were both videos and music in the playlist. The last video played and then the computer froze for half a minute, then the music track started playing and some visualisation came up. I exited the full mode but my Taskbar icons looked glitchy (colour-less?). I refreshed a couple of times, then had to get off the computer. When I turned it on today, My Documents icon looked like this.

I might add that My Documents is a second part of my hard drive that's divided by partition into two parts: C: system and D: documents. As it's a system folder, I can't change the icon by simply clicking "Properties", there's no "Customize".

Is there any way to change the My Documents icon to it's proper default one? Any help would be appreciated.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: My Documents Folder Icon Changed Itself?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 01:12:26 PM »
I believe, if you right click on an icon, then Properties, then "Change Icon" button, default icon should be highlighted.

Olympic Flame

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 01:23:49 PM »
Thank you for the answer, as I said, it couldn't be changed that way because it's more than just a folder, it's like a hard drive on my computer, hence when I click Properties only these options are available:

etc

Anyway, I've just randomly solved the issue by doing that visualisation in full screen thing again. All the icons glitched and then went to their older selves, including the My Documents icon. Weird.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 01:37:56 PM »
Computers....what can we do???....LOL