Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Administration Dissapeared  (Read 2568 times)

JayR82

Administration Dissapeared
« on: October 21, 2007, 08:23:41 PM »
I couldnt find this by searching. I created a new account in Windows XP for a child, after the computer restarted the Administration was gone and the account I created was now the administrator.

All the files are gone and I am clueless on where they went and how to get them back if possible. If anyone can give me an idea I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

[email protected]

E-Mail address removed.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 08:57:24 PM by patio »

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Administration Dissapeared
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 08:46:53 PM »
Remove your email address from your post to avoid tons of junk mail in your account!!!

TonyRichens

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 03:33:12 AM »
Ok well if you've made a new account for a child that account by default will get admin rights ..... you have to disable that feature and limit the childs account .... once done ...make yourself a new account under administrator.....  :)

Tony

and yes , if you do tend to return ..... don't post your email on a public forum ..... we are very nice people here but who knows whos lurking in the members area .

If you get stuck i will go through creating accounts on xp or pro step by step , just post a reply so i know this isn't a dead topic .

Deerpark

Egghead
    « Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 06:57:30 AM »
    The account that disappeared... was that the default Administrator account? I.e. was it called Administrator?

Because XP hides this default account if another account with admin privileges is created.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

JayR82

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 06:57:27 PM »
    Yes, sorry about the email, I appreciate you taking it off... I tried to make the new account limited but you can't even click on that radio button...

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 10:14:03 PM »
    You may need to log into safemode to make the changes...if these are the only 2 accounts on the machine after removing admin rights from the kid account upon re-boot the Admin account may re-appear.
    This is normal.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "