Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trouble Shooting .NET Framework repair  (Read 2276 times)

CrankyCheryl

Trouble Shooting .NET Framework repair
« on: October 27, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »
I thought I was very organized and ready to start repair procedures for my .NET Framework, I had printed all the instructions and downloaded all the files I need, but I am stumped with the Windows Installer SDK (ZAP), and how to use it properly. Here are the instructions I am following:

a. Click Start, and then click Run.
b. In the Open text box, type cmd, then click OK.
c. At the command prompt, locate the directory that contains the Msizap.exe utility, and then run the following commanmd: Msizap TP {CB2F7EDD-9D1F-43C1-90FC-4F52EAE172A1}
d. Restart your computer.

Currently Windows Installer SDK is located on my computer here:
c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Received Files\Windows Installer SDK (ZAP)\PSDK-FULL

I am inserting a screenshot of the box that comes up when I type cmd in the Open text box (hopefully this works, I've never needed to insert a pic in here before)

OK, I just checked the preview of this post, and apparently I don't know how to post an image from my pc, because it's not showing up??

What EXACTLY do I have to type for this to work correctly??
I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong catagory, I wasn't sure where this topic belonged?

[getting space - attachment deleted by admin]

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Trouble Shooting .NET Framework repair
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 01:47:38 PM »
I'm not sure why, if you want to repair NET, you won't just uninstall it, download a fresh version, and install it, but...
To answer your question, at:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>
type:
cd My Documents\My Received Files
Hit Enter
Now, you should see:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Received Files>
Type:
dir
Hit Enter to see, if your file is there.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Trouble Shooting .NET Framework repair
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 02:10:50 PM »
I am inserting a screenshot of the box that comes up when I type cmd in the Open text box (hopefully this works, I've never needed to insert a pic in here before)

OK, I just checked the preview of this post, and apparently I don't know how to post an image from my pc, because it's not showing up??

What EXACTLY do I have to type for this to work correctly??

Your image did get posted.  You have to be logged onto the forum to view it.