Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MSN messenger virus removal help  (Read 7372 times)

gmann01

MSN messenger virus removal help
« on: October 17, 2007, 12:14:32 AM »
hi i need help in removing a virus or something that i got from accpting a file that said something like"remeber when i had hair like this" but i cant remeber exactly, and also the message said "my friend took this funny picture of me" it was a zip file and it had the word photoshop in the name and when i clicked it i couldnt move my mouse and the my contact boxes were opening and closing one by one very fast and i had no control over anything...i took the battery out and put it back in and then i uninstalled msn messenger, after i installed it again everything was fine and after 30mins the samething happened...now i have msn uninstalled and that file deleted.....

How can i remove this virus and use msn message again without that problem but i dont notice anything wrong with the rest of the laptop. I had got the virus on October 14 2007

thank you for your time...

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: MSN messenger virus removal help
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 12:22:38 AM »
uninstall your current anti virus, download avira
http://www.avira.de/en/download/index.html
and use s&d
http://www.safer-networking.org/

update & run full scan in safe mode, install back msn and enjoy!

Dark Blade

• Forum Gaming Master

• Adviser

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 12:58:37 AM »
I've had this virus; it is Trojan Horse IRC-Bot (or something close to that name). If Avira and Search & Destroy don't work, you'll get it with AVG.

Anyway, I believe that virus uses your Messenger to pass itself on, and it is likely that your friend (or whever gave you the file) is infected with this virus as well. I would recommend telling them about it.

gmann01

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 12:25:20 PM »
thanks for you guy's help i think i removed them..

Softwareguy

Starter

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 09:49:03 AM »
    You can also go into msn prefrences, and then go to security, and uncheck the accept links in the conversation window, also. Second, check the box that reads, automatically reject file transfers for known unsafe file types. Also, turn off sharing folders.