Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor Problems.  (Read 2745 times)

darknight55

Monitor Problems.
« on: October 27, 2007, 12:03:57 AM »
just bought a new computer and a new monitor.
Using Geforce 8880 GTS graphics card, LG L226WTQ-BF monitor. Windows Vista home premium.
New DVI cable and power cable.

The monitor works fine for 30min or so, drivers everything are installed properly. After that, the colors become messed up. Half the task bar will be grey lines, desktop background image will seem to have satuation 100%. Restarting computer wont help.
Normally when I start up my computer, its a black background with white wordings on the boot screen. But now, its greyish-with lines of light blue with white wordings with cyan shadows. ( something like that, its hard to describe ).

I connected my old CRT monitor and it worked fine. So i thought it was the monitor problem, i brought it back to the shop. Surprisingly, it worked fine there. He told me it might be cable problem, so i bought a new 1 and went home.
At home, i connected it back and I thought it was working normally again. Few hours later, the problem came back, exactly the same situation.
I even tried unplugging the DVI cable and switch on the monitor.
Normally, its a Black background with a Red LG logo. Now its a Greyish-with light blue patches/lines with Red LG logo...

After another 5min, ( several cable checks again ) , i started my computer again, i thought the problem was still there as the boot screen and everything was still messed up in colour, but after it went pass the user login page, the colours went fine again.
Several hours later, the problem came back.

Can anyone help me please?  ??? ???

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Monitor Problems.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 08:20:17 AM »
Is the vid card fan working properly ? ?
The heat from running awhile causes expansion inside the case to components...try powering down removing all power sources and re-seat the video card.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

darknight55

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 04:15:41 PM »
the video fan is working properly  :(

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 04:34:28 PM »
I assume, your monitor has two ports: VGA, and DVI?
What happens, if you use VGA cable?

darknight55

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 04:41:26 PM »
well the problem will be slightly different. Instead of lines of colours, i get lesser of those using VGA but there are now flickering white dots on the screen ( like poor TV reception ) ...

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 04:53:16 PM »
So i thought it was the monitor problem, i brought it back to the shop
It must be something wrong with your video card, or maybe even motherboard itself.
Since it's a new toy, I'd run back to the store, and give them everything back.