Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Boot Freeze  (Read 2438 times)

wildbill58

Boot Freeze
« on: October 29, 2007, 03:21:35 AM »
I am trying to get my new computer i built running but i freezes at motherboard startup screen.  If i reset the CMOS it will run past the start up screen but when i try to install my OS my drive will not detect so i go into the bios to change the boot device but whenever i save and exit or just exit the bios i get the same motherboard startup screen freeze. PLEASE HELP????

tommy gusack

Intermediate
    Re: Boot Freeze
    « Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 07:09:30 AM »
    You should check if everything is plug in the right place, check all the wires, it should work all right, accept if something is damage. Check and make sure all fans are working and the processor is seated right. Try starting it up with 1 stick of ram at a time. If you still have the problem try starting with the other stick. If you don't find a problem with your ram take out all pci and agp cards and disconnect everything except the harddrive and leave the graphic card in if you have one . Then try starting it up. If it starts and run fine with just the harddrive. You can start hooking everything else up 1 at a time and start the computer up each time you connect something.
    Theres always.....always something to grab a hold on.