Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: burning a wmv file  (Read 5442 times)

Kevin

burning a wmv file
« on: December 13, 2004, 12:20:29 AM »
Hello,
I have made a few "windows movie maker" videos (.wmv), using still photos and music backgrounds (mp3). I am running Windows ME, and i have Nero 5 burner as well, but cannot figure out how to burn the file onto a cd. Is this possible, or is it only viewable on the computer? I have tried to burn it with my nero and it doesnt work. And i have tried to "copy to cd or device" using my windows media player 9, but all i get is audio and no video, although it states that its a video file thats its copying?
Can someone fill me in on how to do this if possible?
And please talk me through it step by step as if i were a child...lol. (a child may have already figured it out though, who knows...lol)
Thanks in advance!,
Kevin
[email protected]

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: burning a wmv file
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 09:50:56 AM »
Ok Kevin... It seems like you might be burning it in a wrong way, but before I can give you that kind of information, I will need to know a few things.... What version of Nero are you using? Have you downloaded any available updates for it? Also, can you see your burnt movies on another computer? Please let us know...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

kevin

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 06:32:08 PM »
Hello, and thanks for your help. I am using the nero 5 burning rom (says its the version- 5.5.5.6). I have watched the video on other computers but only online per se (i have a link to one in a blog on my site if you would like to view it. its located at www.kevinpruett.com/jarofthoughts  
then just look for the certain entry with the "video" link at the end of it titled "have i told you lately".
So, i know thats its working in full but i cant seem to burn it with both audio and video together onto cd. someone told me that i have to convert it before burning it, using a asf converter? but i dont have the money to purchase one and the trial versions that are offered leave a watermark on the videos after it converts it from wmv to mpg. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks again. I'll check back later to see if you have replied yet.
Sincerely,
Kevin

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 07:39:37 AM »
Ok. I need you to tell me what you are trying to play this burnt DVD in.... Is it a DVD player, or a PC? Also, are you using burnable DVD-R's? Keep me updated.....

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 09:38:53 PM »
Hello,i was hoping to burn this so that it could be watched on our dvd player which plays just about all formats, mp3, mpgs, dvd, cd, etc). The cd that i was using to burn it on is a cd-r.
hers the thing. Last night i was foolin around with my nero 5 burner and used the multi mode session. i was able to put the wmv file in the top portion and then i took the same song that i originally used in that video clip and just added that mp3 to the bottom portion and it burnt it together. It played fine in the computer,(video and audio), but will not work in the dvd player.
It didnt give me an option to save it as mpg so i dont know where to go from here. Its good to know that it can be burnt to the cd-r's that i have, but i would like to be able to play it in my dvd player, which as i said plays just about all formats.
Thanks again!!!
Kevin

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 09:51:16 PM »
    Kevin......Using Nero ......open the wizard ......make sure you select "other cd formats" ....then Audio and Data mixed ........then follow the directions and you have what you want.....

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

kevin

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 11:10:16 PM »
    hello Dl65,
    Thanks for the info. I did exactly as you said, but once i got into the box, I wasnt sure as to where to drag the wmv file into, (top or bottom), so i tried it at the top in the "data" section and it wouldnt give me to option to burn and also only showed like 30 seconds worth of time at the bottom (the video is actually like 4 minutes or so). So then i dragged the wmv file to the bottom portion and it showed the correct t5ime length of the file at the bottom and will allow me to burn it but i believe it will only burn the audio portion of the wmv file because when i hit the "play" option all it plays is the background music and i didnt want to take a chance burning it and ending up with another audio only cd since i'm now getting low on cd's from trying so many different ways...lol.
    Are you sure that i can burn an actual Windows movie video file as a whole (video and audio) just as it is?
    Any other hints or ideas are greatly appreciated.
    thanks!
    Kevin