Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hHP 650 will not respond  (Read 2494 times)

Paul_C

hHP 650 will not respond
« on: December 13, 2004, 07:23:34 PM »
The printer is not communicating with the computer. I am running Windows 98 and have even tried reloading the drivers.
1. I have checked the LPT port and know it is working. It works with my cannon printer.
2. When the paper is loaded into the printer it does the self check and says "Ready to Print".
3. I have checked the cable, it works with the Cannon.
4. When I try to print a test page, the small busy light blinks once and that's all it ever does.
5. I have printed the demo color grid from the printer.
6. I have printed the internal setting page from the printer.
7. After about 10 seconds a printer folder error message comes on. ""The printer is out of Paper. Add more Paper"
8. I have tried to reload the paper several times to just come back to this same error message.
I moved the printer to a new office I was setting up. Is it possible a memory card has come loose? Is there any thing I should check internally in the printer?
Any suggestions? Or do you know of a lead to good tech support for these printers?
??? ??? ???

shield

Re: hHP 650 will not respond
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 09:29:03 PM »
when you plug in your printer, when you reboot, does win98 detect the new device?

ArabGuy

Re: hHP 650 will not respond
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 11:23:06 PM »
Well i dont know if this will help u but i got somewhat of a similar problem like urs.
My printer is got a messed up paper sensor, and sometimes i get that its got no paper, even though its full of paper
so I think u got a paper sensor problem just like me, but for my case, my sensor sometimes work and sometimes it doesnt..