Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless IP question  (Read 2796 times)

tommy gusack

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    Wireless IP question
    « on: October 30, 2007, 06:44:27 PM »
    Hello, I want to change my old ip address into a new one, but I did try ipconfig/renew in cmd and it don't work, and I am sharing my wireless, I am not the owner of it, what can I do ? Thanks for your time!
    Theres always.....always something to grab a hold on.

dairyman

Re: Wireless IP question
    « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 07:30:37 PM »
    Some information about your computer would be useful, what operating system are you using?

Ask the owner of the Wireless IP if they can change it for you.

viking

Adviser
    • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
      « Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 04:17:42 AM »
      DHCP.
      The DHCP server assigns IPs from the pool. The IP is leased for a period of time. If you open the computer in that period of time, the same IP will remain assigned to your computer (in fact, to your network adapter represented by a certain MAC address). If a small number of computers are connected to that router, there are big chances that the same IP remains allocated to the same computer (for example, my computer has the IP 192.168.100.2 for almost 2 years in a network of 2 computers).
      Why do you want to change your IP? I mean your LOCAL IP?

tommy gusack

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 09:18:48 AM »
        I just don't like it, I want a new one, something with gaming and thanks for the help. happy halloween!
        Theres always.....always something to grab a hold on.