Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A number of programs do not respond on my Vista  (Read 3474 times)

deltaforce666

A number of programs do not respond on my Vista
« on: October 31, 2007, 10:27:01 AM »
I don't know what I did, but lots of my programs are not responding ex: itunes, adobe premiere pro, etc and there are a couple of programs not fuctioning right, firefox opens but does not allow me to serf the net like my explorer does, which i don't like explorer-also windows movie maker does take MOD files from my HD Camera but it plays the videos blank with no sound except for 3 seconds of the video. The videos play fine on windows media player but i don't understand why the movie maker is not reading MOD files correctly. I have MOD codecs installed here. I got a bunch of problems going on my computer, I'm thinking of reinstalling it for the 5th time. I might have deleted files that might have screwed up my computer but i didn't delete anything that I never installed on my computer manually, no drivers or anything like that. Just things like itunes and adobe premiere pro only to make the programs work again, it's too confusing. Anyone know a easy way to find out what the problem is with a computer, like maybe a program that searches your computer and sees what's missing to make programs work?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: A number of programs do not respond on my Vista
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 03:47:23 PM »
Wow that's quite a paragraph there...
Can you post some specific important info such as what OS, machine specs, and what happened prior to this other than randomly deleting things ? ?
The more info provided the sooner the fix arrives usually.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: A number of programs do not respond on my Vista
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 06:45:53 AM »
Have you ever got any of these programs to work before?

How long have you got vista?