Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Friend Worked On Computer, Now Can't Find ANYTHING I Downloaded  (Read 2476 times)

jillc77

Friend Worked On Computer, Now Can't Find ANYTHING I Downloaded
« on: November 01, 2007, 09:14:35 PM »
 :'(  Please help!  A friend of mine that builds his own computers said I need a new hard drive.  In the meantime he reinstalls XP on my computer and my virus scanner, Spybot, all my games, etc. are gone.  I can't find them anywhere.  No room on my D drive either.  He said they are hidden.  WHERE???  I want them back.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Friend Worked On Computer, Now Can't Find ANYTHING I Downloaded
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 09:37:34 PM »
He said they are hidden.
Ask him to un-hide them.

Seriously.
If he performed clean install of XP, everything is gone.
What about that new hard drive. Is it a future project, or what?

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 09:47:16 PM »
So,Did he use a new hard drive ,or your old one to do the XP
install? Remember he said"You needed a new hard drive".
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

pudco

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 10:41:20 PM »
So,Did he use a new hard drive ,or your old one to do the XP
install? Remember he said"You needed a new hard drive".

Right if he used the new hard drive, did he leave the old one in there?  I think that's stupid if he did considering he said you "needed" a new one... if he didn't, did he copy everything over to the new one?    I"m thinkin maybe he simply screwed up and didn't copy anything over or accidently deleted it and is saying "they're hidden" to simply get out of saying "I messed up" because I've gone from drive to drive to drive and installed windows at least 40 some times in the past few years and I KNOW THINGS DO NOT JUST GO "HIDING"....  Once again-- my 2 cents.  8)    but yeah ask him where they are hidden...and if you wouldn't mind... WHY they are hidden.. I'm kinda curious. haha.