Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Socket issue  (Read 2511 times)

Crono

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Socket issue
    « on: November 01, 2007, 04:52:53 PM »
    yea for the people that helped me on the cpu heat sink thing scratch that its solved

heres the new problem i got a pga370 socket and im trying to install it in a socket 7
    if the problems not obvious the pins not guna match up.

what im thinking of doing is ripping out the socket 7 and puting in the 370 molding so the cpu will fit will this work or it wont fit beacuse they are exactly the same size

http://www.cpu-world.com/Sockets/Socket%20370%20(PGA370).html

so is it possible for me to install the 370 socket in?
    « Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 05:52:52 PM by Crono »

pudco

Re: Socket issue
    « Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 07:38:30 PM »
    Not only have a never heard of such a thing, or think that it would be a bad idea, I can almost guarantee that it wouldn't work because of the bios.   It wouldn't know how to use the 370 processor and just because it FITS wouldn't be sufficient..  All those pins make a connection for a reason they all go somewhere.  So from my knowledge of logics I am going to say no it won't work.. but that's just my opinion.

Crono

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 11:18:24 PM »
      that brings me to another question if i rip off the socket from the motherboard will it destroy it or is there away i can mount it back on :'(

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 05:44:30 AM »
      that brings me to another question if i rip off the socket from the motherboard will it destroy it or is there away i can mount it back on :'(

Yep.
      There's a real good chance you wouldn't be using that MBoard again anytime soon...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "