Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

How could I access my files...

1 (100%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Access Denied from Administrator / Own Folder  (Read 3180 times)

Kjasper91

Access Denied from Administrator / Own Folder
« on: October 30, 2007, 07:44:41 AM »
I accidentally deleted the ntldr files log set up and I as my computer restarts  it prompted NTLDR is missing Ctrl+alt+del to restart...I use some methods to recover but then still doesn't work. I installed the XP sp2 instead with the files intact and no changes/b] on the installation setup...then it works! But the big problem is my log on Name doesn't work..the administrator works(new) but my files in my recent administrators can't be Access...

could someone dearly help me...please!  :'(

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Access Denied from Administrator / Own Folder
    « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 09:04:32 AM »
    Open Explorer / Document & Settings / right-click your old Administrator / properties / security / advanced / Owner tab.  Take ownership of your old administrator account here.

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Kjasper91

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 11:04:11 AM »
    Open Explorer / Document & Settings / right-click your old Administrator / properties / security / advanced / Owner tab.  Take ownership of your old administrator account here.

On my properties there is only 3 options General/ Sharing/ Customize and the capacity or size on disk is 0 bytes.... :( (XP sp2)

Kjasper91

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 11:14:37 AM »
    my C:\ contains 60G capacity and its free space is 15+G , the 19G contains my software installers and the rest? where will it be? I can't find it...maybe the virus manifest? :(

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      « Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 11:19:54 AM »
      Go to Explorer / Tools / Folder Options / View / Uncheck 'Use simple file sharing'.  That should give you the Security tab.

I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Kjasper91

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 11:34:53 AM »
      Go to Explorer / Tools / Folder Options / View / Uncheck 'Use simple file sharing'.  That should give you the Security tab.

Ohh my....THANKS A LOT BROTHER...my files are back for good...God Bless YOU! thanks again... ;D

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
        « Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 04:28:44 PM »
        You're most welcome...and He does bless me  ;)