Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to Map a Drive Through a Active Directory  (Read 3779 times)

gayanwicke

Topic Starter

Rookie

How to Map a Drive Through a Active Directory
    « on: September 28, 2007, 12:08:16 AM »
    Hard drive mapping from Active Directory
        Hi, I'm a noob at mapping hard drives using Active Directory.

I want to set up a folder for each user in our company. I want to name it 'U' drive.
        I want the users to have the 'U' drive available whenever they log into the company domain.

This is my first job doing Network Administration so, go easy. I goggled for a couple of days to figure out how it was done, but I don't know the exact terminology to find what I'm looking for. (mapping hard drives from active directory)

I just like to add that at school, when I log on, I get my own space that I can store my school projects on. This space is available only to me. I get 1 Gig of space. So it's cool that I have a back up of my work at school. I like to do that here at work.

I know this doing trough a script. anybody knows this plese telle me what ar the  Procedures  from very begining

Thankx    >:(

viking

Adviser
    • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
      Re: How to Map a Drive Through a Active Directory
      « Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 02:10:16 AM »
      At your company, employees change their computers? (I really don't think so, but you know better).

You have to create a script (I like bat scripts and python scripts). You have to mention that script in the user profiles (I can point you the exact location but that means I will be doing your job).
      How to create a map? See your other thread, with the same subject.

If it is not enough, call us again. For advices :) at most, and be prepared to receive wrong advices also.

iman

Re: How to Map a Drive Through a Active Directory
      « Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 06:28:38 PM »
      Are U referring to a Disk Quota ???