Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Outlook  (Read 3055 times)

wildwood

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Microsoft Outlook
    « on: November 06, 2007, 07:27:52 AM »
    I recently got a new laptop, Dell Inspiron 1501 with Vista Home basic. I have setup Outlook, 2007, and renewed all my contacts. I have two other laptops which are installed with Windows XP and Outlook 2003. I have made many changes in the contacts and would like to install them on the XP computers. I have created a backup .pst file from the Vista computer but the XP's don't recognize or permit the installation of the more current version, 2007. Is there anyway to change or utilize the more current contact .pst file in the old 2003 Outlook. It would save a heck of alot of typing.

Peter

Sid

Apprentice
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Microsoft Outlook
      « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 10:42:42 AM »
      I recently got a new laptop, Dell Inspiron 1501 with Vista Home basic. I have setup Outlook, 2007, and renewed all my contacts. I have two other laptops which are installed with Windows XP and Outlook 2003. I have made many changes in the contacts and would like to install them on the XP computers. I have created a backup .pst file from the Vista computer but the XP's don't recognize or permit the installation of the more current version, 2007. Is there anyway to change or utilize the more current contact .pst file in the old 2003 Outlook. It would save a heck of alot of typing.

Peter

Under the export/save as options, is there not a list of file types?

Pick one both machines show.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Microsoft Outlook
      « Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 11:10:54 AM »
      Right, such as Comma Separated Values or Tab Separated Values.