Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Brand new computer, good spec, but really slow/choppy scrolling down.Why????  (Read 4535 times)

joedavis

Hi,

I bought myself a new computer with the following spec; Pent64 Dual Core 6.0Ghz 2GB/250GB & 7200TC 512MB XBlade
nVidia 7200 512MB 16XPCI-Express, DDR2 667Mhz RAM

I then installed a copy of windows xp home media edition....everything seems fine, its really fast in actually starting up, but little things like scrolling down in any program is very slow, the movement of the page down is choppy and extremely slow, something a 10 year old computer would do, i just dont understand why.....

my two hunches are that it might be either....

1) the copy of xp i installed
or
2) not a good enough graphics card....

ive also noticed even playing dvd's is quite blocky and picture quality is far from superb.

Any ideas anyone??

masteromojo

make sure you installed all of the drivers for your vid card... thats what my computer would do if i havnt installed my vid card drivers yet.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced

joedavis

thanks for your help, i just realised i hadnt even installed the nvidia drivers, im not that knowledgable about these sorts of things.....!

anyway, the problem is fixed now!

thanks

pudco

make sure you installed all of the drivers for your vid card... thats what my computer would do if i havnt installed my vid card drivers yet.

I second that.. I know for SURE that WILL cause it.. not saying it IS the problem. but I know that it will do it.  Even if they are installed try updating to the latest..