Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NTLDR IS MISSING  (Read 1972 times)

Gypsy

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

NTLDR IS MISSING
    « on: November 04, 2007, 06:02:37 PM »
    My PC started acting up last night, slowing down and error messeges, so I decided to delete some of the junk programs I have. and i must have deleted something important, because when I tried to turn my computer on this morning I got this error messege "NTLDR IS MISSING, PRESS ALT+CTRL+DEL TO RESTART " I tried to googling it on my friend's pc but I couldn't find any thing that applied to me, and besides they all assume I have  the windows CD which i don't, so please somebody help me with my problem and assume I know little about computers.

dairyman

Re: NTLDR IS MISSING
    « Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 06:09:53 PM »
    Welcome to the Computer Hope Forum.

Refer to Microsoft KB article 320397.

matt

Re: NTLDR IS MISSING
    « Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 04:40:01 PM »
    Refer to Microsoft KB article 320397.

I would try the above link first, and search google for "NTLRD IS MISSING", there are many posts.  If you could borrow one of your friends XP cd you would be able to attempt some of things posted elsewhere online.

Unfortunately in my experience, when this has happened to me in the past it is a result of the hard drive crashing.  This might not be the case for you, but something to investigate/consider.