Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Forgot windows log on Passowrd  (Read 4019 times)

crazy_protocol

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Forgot windows log on Passowrd
    « on: November 06, 2007, 10:15:59 PM »
    Somebody changed my windows xp's login password. Now I can not open my computer. Please help me how to remove/change or log in into computer without formatting.

dairyman

Re: Forgot windows log on Passowrd
    « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 11:15:47 PM »
    I don't mean to be rude here, but how do we know that you are not trying to access another computer?

crazy_protocol

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 11:42:22 PM »
      I don't mean to be rude here, but how do we know that you are not trying to access another computer?

No. It's happened my computer.

Avinash Dalvi

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 11:53:01 PM »
      Somebody changed my windows xp's login password. Now I can not open my computer. Please help me how to remove/change or log in into computer without formatting.

Restart your computer & then press F8 hence you entered into the Safe mode, after that you will be able to login through administrator .Then go on my computer & right click go on manage >local users and groups>users, select your account & change your password.

dairyman

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 11:57:36 PM »
      Restart your computer & then press F8 hence you entered into the Safe mode, after that you will be able to login through administrator .Then go on my computer & right click go on manage >local users and groups>users, select your account & change your password.

For XP Pro, that will work. Doesn't work in XP Home.

XP Home users:

Reboot your computer and keep tapping F8 before you see the XP Boot screen.
      Use arrow keys to choose Safe Mode.
      Log on with the in-built administrator account.
      Click on Start, Run and type in control userpasswords2.
      Click on the account you want to change and click on "Reset password...".
      Choose a new password.
      Click OK, and click OK again.
      Reboot into Normal mode.