Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with HTML  (Read 4681 times)

GPD6884

Topic Starter

Starter

Help with HTML
    « on: November 08, 2007, 12:18:33 AM »
    I am trying to add a link in html that would send the page using default mail client. I have seen it don before but cant seem to figure it out.
    What I basicly want to do is the same thing that happens when you goto page and select the option to "send link by e-mail" I have seen it done other ways with .pl files and using cgi but I am trying to stay away from that.
    Is there anyway to make  a link that forces the IE to select "Page" then" send link by e-mail"?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Help with HTML
    « Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 10:11:36 AM »
    Bearing in mind that both IE and FF have an option on the File menu to send a web page as a link, why do you want to embed the feature into your web page?  The browser will do it from the File menu, and it would use the default mail client.

GPD6884

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 01:29:48 PM »
      I want to have a link box at the bottom for customers to click on to that page to friends

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced

GPD6884

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 05:07:40 PM »
        I am tring to stay away from script files.

elxr06

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 10:15:22 PM »
        I think I know what you are trying to do. I think this should do what you wanted and it's in HTML. No scripts here.

Code: [Select]
        <A href="mailto:?subject=This is the link I wanted to send you&amp;body=http://www.mysite.com!">Send Link by Email</A>

subject=This is the link I wanted to send you&amp;body=http://www.mysite.com!

Change that to what you want. Or delete it entirely, if you want the subject line and body to have no text.... but

That code (in gray box above) will give you a link on webpage, and when you click on it, it will open up mail client. For my computer, I have set outlook express as default email client, so that is what opened up.

I don't know how you force IE to send link by email using the page function you wanted, but you can though, send your friend the link of the page you want him or her to see.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 10:28:51 PM by elxr06 »