Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Big Mouse and Keyboard Problem  (Read 2164 times)

DX67

Big Mouse and Keyboard Problem
« on: November 22, 2007, 12:50:34 PM »
Lets start out with the operating systems I have and then hardware I have
         -Windows XP Media 2003

-Windows Vista Home Premium

Hardware

-Micro (its the company name) Cordless Mouse- Works just fine on both my computers. Came with a cordless keyboard and a hub (the thing that receives the commands and signals) Currently connected to a USB port and keyboard is not in use. nor is it connected. (Keyboard doesn't work by the way)

-Logitech Cordless Mouse and track ball mouse- both will NOT work and both use the green mouse port

-Logitech Keyboard- Only works on my Windows XP Media computer. Like the Logitech Cordless Mouse, it is cordless and sends and recieves signals from the hub.

-Normal Corded Keyboard- Works on both computers. Chance of working is 50%

A minor problem I have is that the purple keyboard port (on both computers) sometimes fails to detect any keyboard there at all.

A MAJOR problem I'm having is that the green mouse port, on both computers, ALWAYS fails to detect any mouse. It woks fine with the micro mouse I have, because it connects to a USB port, I guess. Thing is, I only have ONE and can't seem to find any mouses that use the USB port, and I won't be able to afford one in the next couple of weeks.

This problem started when I connected the Micro Cordless Mouse to both computers, through USB port only. Ever since then the green mouse port hasn't worked and detected anything.

Things I've tried
-Going to device manager and uninstalling every mouse device in safe mode, then rebooting.

-Installing the logitech cordless mouse through installation CD several times.

Additional Information
I have the installation CD for the logitech cordless mouse and keyboard
I DON'T have the installation CD for the Micro Cordless Mouse and Keyboard

Thanks greatly in advance for any help.