Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hey guys and gals i hope you can help i have pulling my hair out literally!!  (Read 2509 times)

JIMMYP503

Topic Starter

Rookie

I seem to have a problem with my home computer, I have windows XP installed and decided to reinstall windows last weekend and thus clear my computer of rubbish that builds upover time and in theory start from scratch!!  I successfully reinstalled windows to find that there is no sound what so ever coming from my PC!  There is also no speaker symbol in the bottom right of my screen!  Which you usualy expect to see!!  I thought fine i will locate my drivers disc as im sure it will reinstall, only to find that the particular CD is missing!!!!  Any help guys and gals??????  Would be very much appreciated, also to note that everything else apart from the sound e.g disc drive, seem to be working fine!!!  Please help!!!  Any guidance would be much appreciated!!!

Panda25

Beginner
      What model computer is it?  What you need to do is go to the manufacturer's website and download a sound driver.  Just go to their site, find the section for downloading drivers, select your model, and the type of driver you need.

If you need help, please let me know what model computer you have and I'll try to find the exact website for you.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Go Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.
      Any entries with yellow exclamation/question marks?

JIMMYP503

Topic Starter

Rookie

Yes they are yellow!!!

Broni

Mastermind
        • Kraków my love :)
          • Computer Help Forum
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        Next to what entry(ies)?