Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trouble Playing music files on vista.  (Read 2639 times)

Boomerang

Trouble Playing music files on vista.
« on: November 09, 2007, 11:56:08 PM »
Running Windows Vista:

Recently, itunes stopped playing my library. When I click to play, it literally does nothing. Initially believing that the problem lied within the itunes program, I followed all of the suggested directions provided by Apple on the support website, including several updates, plug-in alterations, and re-installations. Of course, this still did not solve my problem. A similar error occurred when I tried listening to my music through windows media player. This time a message popped up that read:

"Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct."

Both of these programs worked perfectly before, and I feel that these problems are related.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have some advanced knowledge of computers, and this makes this even more frustrating for me.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Trouble Playing music files on vista.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 11:46:04 AM »