Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I screwed up my microsoft office...  (Read 3243 times)

ttony21

I screwed up my microsoft office...
« on: November 11, 2007, 08:54:15 AM »
 :-\

Operating System: Windows XP

I downloaded a free trial of Microsoft Office 2007 in order to use powerpoint. When I downloaded it,   microsoft.com gave me a registration product key for it, I guess because I already had Microsoft Office 2003, and this was considered an update, not sure. So I put in the product key, and most of my files still work even in the new Microsoft word, I even managed to make a presentation on Powerpoint with it, and then came the problem. When I tried opening my presentation today, it didn't no what to open it in, and I realized that I couldn't find Powerpoint, or any of the other office programs like Microsoft word or excel (the files still work but I can't find the actual programs or open my powerpoint presentation). Even the desktop shortcuts deleted themselves. None of it ended up in the recycle bin but I cant find any of my office programs anywhere  ???.  All I found in the C drive was a folder saying PowerPoint2007 which just includes the install files (I don't no if I should reinstall or not because I'm REALLY confused right now). I found a "Microsoft Office" folder but it doesn't contain the programs.

Help? :(

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: I screwed up my microsoft office...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 03:15:53 PM »
microsoft.com gave me a registration product key for it
Free upgrade? Never heard of such a thing.
You got that key through email, or what?
I'd call M$ to clarify situation.