Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cpu's  (Read 5284 times)

Sid

Apprentice
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Cpu's
    « Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 11:57:06 AM »
    www.student-laptops.co.uk are fairly good prices.

As far as Macs go, even if I had the cash to throw around, I wouldn't buy one.

They're not even that brilliant at media stuff, compared to what you can do with a, fully-upgradeable-as-you-wish, PC.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 09:54:22 AM »
    Sorry LOTUS, I've been busy.
    What exactly do you need this laptop for?
    Then we can give you some better recommendations on what to buy.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 11:41:07 AM »
    I think the AMD K6 line rocks the house. Call be old-fashoined if you like :)

PS: I'm sure my opinion will change when I get something faster LOL

BTW it's so much fun to get into arguments with mac lovers since they can't even find a good reason to like them!

apple user:I like macs because umm, because...

PC user:they have one mouse button?

-they have fewer programs?
    -they are prohibitively expensive for their target market?
    -they remind you of play-doh?
    -they treat you like a three year old?

Mac user: NO! I like them because the mouse has only one button. that second one on those PC things confuses my simple mind.

just kidding, Seriously, Macs are fair, but I seriously think that Apples pricing is a joke. What the F are they thinking. they charge a price so high you can get two PC's that are better for the same price as One mac.

And then Mac lovers LOVE bringing up the fact that they never BSOD. they are forgetting the BSOD is kind of there to help you trace the problem. I don't know, but for me, seeing the IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL BSOD is a heck of a lot more descriptive then a macs "A System error has occured" Really! Thanks computer! Now what?

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

homer

Expert
      « Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 01:12:16 PM »
      please stop bumping old threads BC_Programmer.

Sid

Apprentice
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 11:27:39 AM »
        I think the AMD K6 line rocks the house. Call be old-fashoined if you like :)

PS: I'm sure my opinion will change when I get something faster LOL

BTW it's so much fun to get into arguments with mac lovers since they can't even find a good reason to like them!

apple user:I like macs because umm, because...

PC user:they have one mouse button?

-they have fewer programs?
        -they are prohibitively expensive for their target market?
        -they remind you of play-doh?
        -they treat you like a three year old?

Mac user: NO! I like them because the mouse has only one button. that second one on those PC things confuses my simple mind.

just kidding, Seriously, Macs are fair, but I seriously think that Apples pricing is a joke. What the F are they thinking. they charge a price so high you can get two PC's that are better for the same price as One mac.

And then Mac lovers LOVE bringing up the fact that they never BSOD. they are forgetting the BSOD is kind of there to help you trace the problem. I don't know, but for me, seeing the IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL BSOD is a heck of a lot more descriptive then a macs "A System error has occured" Really! Thanks computer! Now what?

Linux pwnts Apple effortlessly.  Beryl just adds such an effing wow factor.  Just wish I had a decent graphics card, oposed to on board.