Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need help with video frame captures and corrections  (Read 1771 times)

FirecrackerD

need help with video frame captures and corrections
« on: November 12, 2007, 08:03:14 AM »
I use Pinnacle for video editing.  I can grab a frame and then open it in Photoshop to crop, brighten, etc.  However, the photos are never crisp or clear, but grainy and blurry.  I use a Hi8 Sony camcorder, and am now looking at upgrading my video cam .....wondering if this is the problem or is it my editing technique or my photoshop abilities??? I have used photoshop with my digital still cam and those correct just fine.   I am trying to streamline...if I can capture and correct right from the video cam.....I can elimintate the need for a still camera!! Can anyone help me with videocam suggestions and help on how to capture a video frame, then correct it in photoship for optimum results?   THANK YOU!!!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: need help with video frame captures and corrections
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 01:57:21 PM »
You could DLoad and install Irfanview (Free ) and do a few captures and then open them with it to see if the quality is any better and to eliminate Pinnacle as the culprit.
Also check the camera's video settings and see if they can be bumped up a bit.
A capture is never going to have the quality of a still unless you get into the very high end cameras...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "