Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer dieing?  (Read 2370 times)

palko1337

Computer dieing?
« on: November 14, 2007, 08:26:12 AM »
Ok, just recently within the last 2 days my computer has really been acting up. 90% of the time when I turn it off I put it in standby mode. Well i did this yesterday and when it was off 5 min later it would try to boot up then shut off immediately. It kept doing this until I pulled the plug and turned the switch off. Then I loaded it up and it was fine. I again put it in standby and went up to get a shower, came back down and noticed it was fully booted up. Also it randomly restarts almost constantly now out of nowhere on its own. I tested it and it does the same thing while fully turned off.

I put my power supply to a meter and everything tests out fine, so I'm almost 100% sure that it isn't that. The only thing I can think of is that since it is randomly restarting like this that it could mean that my cpu/motherboard is going. Oh and no my cpu or anything else isn't overheating. I also cleaned it out really good and it still does it.

If anyone has any ideas on what it would be I would greatly appreciate it.

Thomas Bailey

Intermediate

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Computer dieing?
    « Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 10:10:58 AM »
    Try this: Shut down, unplug the power cable from the back of you tower, press and hold in the power button on your tower front for at least 10 seconds. (This will "dump" the extra charge your comp. has in it.); then, release the power button (don't hold it in) and plugin your power cord to the tower; punch the Power button for a boot and you should be good to go.
    wolfrunner

palko1337

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 05:06:31 PM »
    That didn't seem to help. After I plugged the cord back in and hit the power button, it did the thing where it would try to but up but shut off really quick. Thanks anyway though.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 06:24:06 PM »
    Couple more things to check: video card, and memory sticks.