Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Free graphics / art package to add text captions to JPEG photos (2848 x 2134)  (Read 3009 times)

James2000

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a free graphics / art software package to add text captions or titles to large JPEG photos (2848 x 2134).

The software needs to be installed on a laptop which does Not have Internet access, therefore the software must run without needing on-line registrations.

(I will be able to download the setup files using another PC, and then one-time transfer the setup files to the laptop.)

I have already tried the following SEVEN packages, and NONE of them seem to do the job, either because they can't add text to a JPEG, or because they need on-line registration.

*  Corel_PaintShopPro1000_EN_TBYB_TrialESD .exe   (111143864 byte setup file)
*  FSS_PH60.exe   (20409656 byte setup file)
*  MicroPhotoEd.exe   (844877 byte setup file)
*  PicasaWeb-Current-Setup.exe   (6219320 byte setup file)
*  PSPP12_Corel_TBYB_EN_IE_FR_DE_ES_IT_NL_ ESD.exe   (341891800 byte setup file)
*  tuxpaint-0.9.17-win32-installer.exe   (8137311 byte setup file)
*  XaraXtreme3_2DL.exe   (48764288 byte setup file)

Thanks,
James

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
I'm not familiar with the programs you listed but I find it very hard to believe none of them gives you the capability to add text.  Since all Windows systems have a simple image editor that will do this, why not try it?  I'm talking about Paint.

phoenix910

Hopeful

Have you tried GIMP?
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gimp-win/gimp-2.4.1-i686-setup.exe

It's free, no registration required, and it can do what you ask. If you need help with how to use it, just ask.

-Stephen

elxr06

GIMP is a good freeware.

You can use paint a simply add text to image.