Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Changing settings in Vista MS Paint OR downloading an older version of Paint  (Read 3186 times)

Shblade

I have two problems concerning MS Paint.

The first concerns auto-resizing when pasting. In older versions of Paint (2000 at least), whenever I pasted something from my clipboard that was larger than the current image's dimensions, I would get a prompt asking to enlarge the image to fit the pasted object. This was useful when printscreening in order to capture a small area (especially with two monitors). In Vista's Paint, however, the image is automatically resized and I have to tediously shrink down the image again.

The second problem is the text. In the 2000 Paint, the letters of all fonts would be monochrome, allowing easy recolouring and filling. On Vista, the letters have a grey/blended outline.

So my question is:

a) Is there a way to change either of these settings?

and b) If not, how would I go about getting an older version of MS Paint? Is it available online for free?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
I don't know whether you could install an older version of Paint, but I doubt it.  You might try this alternative: Paint.net